Bicester is a town and civil parish in the Cherwell district of northeastern Oxfordshire in England. This historic market centre is one of the fastest growing towns in Oxfordshire. Development has been favoured by its proximity to junction 9 of the M40 motorway linking it to London, Birmingham and Banbury. It has good road links to Oxford, Kidlington, Brackley, Buckingham, Aylesbury and Witney, as well as a rail service, consisting of two railway stations; Bicester North and Bicester Village.
Ambrosden is a village and civil parish in Cherwell, Oxfordshire, England, 3 miles southwest of Bicester to which it is linked by the A41 road, and 13 miles from Oxford. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 2,248. The parish is bounded by the River Ray to the south, its tributary the River Bure to the west, the outskirts of Bicester to the north and field boundaries to the east.
Blackthorn is a village and civil parish in the Cherwell District of Oxfordshire about 3 miles southeast of Bicester. The parish is bounded by the River Ray to the south, tributaries of the Ray to the east and north and field boundaries to the west. The parish's eastern boundary also forms part of the county boundary with Buckinghamshire.
Chesterton is a village and civil parish on Gagle Brook, a tributary of the Langford Brook in Oxfordshire. The village is about 1 ⁄2 miles southwest of the market town of Bicester. The village has sometimes been called Great Chesterton to distinguish it from the hamlet of Little Chesterton, about ⁄4 mile to the south in the same parish.
Deddington is a civil parish in Oxfordshire about 6 miles south of Banbury. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 2,146. In scale Deddington is a village, but it has a town centre with a market place and its local football team is called Deddington Town FC.
Launton is a village and civil parish on the eastern outskirts of Bicester, Oxfordshire, England. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 1,204. King Edward the Confessor granted the manor of Launton to Westminster Abbey in 1065. The abbey surrendered the manor to the Crown when it was suppressed in the Dissolution of the Monasteries in 1540, but in 1542 the Crown granted Launton to the abbey's Dean and Chapter. Mary I restored the Roman Catholic church in England so in 1556 Launton was surrendered to the Crown, who restored it to the reinstated abbott and convent of Westminster. Elizabeth I restored the English Reformation so in 1560 Launton was surrendered to the Crown for a third time, who again granted it to the Dean and Chapter. In 1649 the Commonwealth of England assigned Launton to Westminster School. In 1860 the lands of the Dean and Chapter of Westminster were vested in the Ecclesiastical Commissioners.
Marsh Gibbon is a village and civil parish in Aylesbury Vale district in Buckinghamshire, England. It is close to the A41 and the border with Oxfordshire about 4 miles east of Bicester. The village name comes from the English word 'marsh', describing the typical state of land in the area due to the high water table of the Aylesbury Vale. The affix 'Gibbon' derives from the family name 'Gibwen', the lords of the manor here in the twelfth century. In manorial rolls of 1292 the village was recorded as Mersh Gibwyne, though earlier it was known simply as Merse.
Middleton Stoney is a village and civil parish about 2 ⁄2 miles west of Bicester, Oxfordshire. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 331. Aves ditch is pre-Saxon and may have been dug as a boundary ditch. It still forms the western boundary of the parish.
Souldern is a village and civil parish in Oxfordshire about 7 miles northwest of Bicester and a similar distance southeast of Banbury. The parish is bounded to the west by the River Cherwell and to the east by field boundaries. Its northern boundary is Ockley Brook, a tributary of the Cherwell that forms the county boundary with Northamptonshire. The parish's southern boundaries are the main road between Bicester and Adderbury and the minor road between Souldern and Somerton. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 370.
Stratton Audley is a village and civil parish about 2.5 miles northeast of Bicester in Oxfordshire, England. The Domesday Book of 1086 records that Robert D'Oyly held five hides of land at Stratton. Like many D'Oyly manors, Stratton later became part of the Honour of Wallingford. The Honour of Wallingford became part of the Earldom of Cornwall and thence in the 15th century a number of former Wallingford manors became part of the Duke of Suffolk's Honour of Ewelme.
"We want to thank all of the wonderful team at D&S for their exceptional service in selling our home. We have never known better in over 20 house moves. Your approach was informed, optimistic and encouraging. In only 4 months since we came to you we have completed a very satisfactory sale. We are delighted to recommend Douglas & Simmons as the best we know."