- Outstanding rolling views of the Oxfordshire downs
- Handsome Arts & Crafts double fronted farmhouse with potential to extend or improve
- c.20 acres of well maintained, secluded and easily accessible pasture land, wooded copse, formal and kitchen gardens
- Good equestrian facilities including 2 schools, (1 x indoor) 13 stables, hay barn and workshop requiring some attention
- Timber framed car port (potential for conversion to ancillary accommodation)
- Super outriding directly adjoining the ridgeway
- Private and secluded location yet just a over a mile from amenities
- Potential for improvement/enlargement or redevelopment subject to the necessary requirements
- First time to the open market for over 30 years
- Commanding countryside position
An exceptional Arts and Crafts farmhouse together with c.20 acres of pasture land and equestrian facilities, situated in a glorious and commanding location with outstanding, uninterrupted far reaching views over the rolling South Oxfordshire countryside. First time to the open market in well over 30 years, this enchanting property offers excellent outriding to the ridgeway and has been previously successfully run as a training and livery establishment, featuring an indoor school with Martin Collins surface, outdoor manege, 13 stables, large workshop, hay barn and various open fronted machinery stores; in contrast the land and buildings could lend themselves to a variety of uses, whereby some may require a little attention in part due to their lack of use in more recent years. The property also has a charming timber cruck framed open bay garage which offers potential for further conversion to ancillary accommodation, subject to planning, if so desired. The farmhouse itself is a handsome double fronted Arts and Crafts style property which offers well-proportioned and carefully maintained accommodation comprising a large central hall, 4 double bedrooms, en suite and family bathroom facilities, a large and inviting kitchen/breakfast room, utility and boot room, downstairs cloakroom, study, and glazed garden room, as well as 2 good sized principal reception rooms both with open fireplaces, excellent rooms for families and entertaining. The land is currently divided into a number of easily accessible paddocks suitable for grazing and hay/haylage production, as well as well-stocked formal gardens bordered by a number of delightful mature trees, area of kitchen garden, polytunnel and greenhouse and a small wooded copse.
Oil fired central heating.
Mains electricity and water connected, private drainage, broadband connected.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All fixtures, fittings and machinery are excluded from the sale but some may be available by separate negotiations.
"My experience of renting a property with D&S showed the care and attention taken in chasing me up after viewing and the hassle-free build up in getting the ball rolling made us feel like we were the people they wanted to have the rental. They gave us the time we needed to make choices and get things in order which made the move a lot less stressful - I mean who needs more stress while moving house! A personal and professional service by the ladies at D&S Lettings made us want the property even more."